What to wear?
It's not easy to dress your husband for your family photography session.
If your husband prepared well for the family photography session, capturing great photos would be easy.
You can find tips and tricks in the blog post.
GREAT TIPS FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
1. Avoid busy patterns. Simple, solid colours are always a better choice for photography sessions.
2. Choose clothing that is comfortable and fits well. Not only will you feel better in clothes that fit, but they'll also look better in the photos too.
3. Accessorize! Adding a few pieces, like a watch, a belt, a hat, etc., can add visual interest to your photos.
4. If you're feeling adventurous, add a pop of colour with a brightly coloured shirt or a statement piece like a blazer.
5. Don't be afraid to experiment with different textures. Different textures can add depth and interest to your photos.
6. Make sure your clothes are clean and pressed. Wrinkled clothing can be a distraction in photos.
7. Make sure your shoes are clean and polished. Your shoes will be seen in the photos and can make a big difference in the overall look.
8. Bring a few outfit options. Having a few outfit choices can help you get the best photos possible.
Tops & Bottoms
A dress is the most flattering silhouette for the female body; a blazer, sportscoat, or suit jacket has the same flattering effect for men. You can’t go wrong with a dress shirt, slacks, blazer, or a well-tailored suit.
For colours, we recommend neutrals and soft, warm tones that complement the woman’s look. When selecting your pieces, we recommend choosing a different “weight” for the pants and coat. So, for example, navy pants (darker) and a heather gray coat (lighter). Or gray pants (darker) with a soft powder blue shirt (lighter).
Solid shades of gray or navy compliment most women’s outfits, whereas pinstripes or plaid patterns tend to distract the eye, so stay away from too strong of prints and opt for solids instead.
It’s All in the Details
For your session, it’s best to leave the shorts and sandals at home. Suit pants, dress pants, coloured pants or nice dark-washed jeans work best. Ties, bowties, pocket squares, belts, tie clips, suspenders, vests, and watches are sharp compliments to any suit.